Thursday, September 21, 2006

Day 3

Greetings from the Island,

My update will be short, tonight. I need to go to bed earlier than I have been, and still have many things to get done these last two evenings.

God has blessed greatly. I have never had so many paintings turn out in a row before – and in such a short amount of time. I am tired, but I’m not quite tired of painting. (right now, anyway.) If you asked me this morning when I got up I probably would have said I was tired of painting, but right now, I think I’m just plain tired.

I actually took a nap, today. I had put 3 hours of painting in by 10am, and I was cold and hungry. So I decided to have an early lunch (warm soup . . . ahh) read a little from one of my art magazines (The Hudson School Painters – landscape artists that recorded the American terrain, very interesting) and take a short nap before starting another painting. It was a difficult decision, but in the end I believe it was the right one. My mind was fresh for painting, and it had a good result.

Today was another beautiful sunny day - which caused me to wrestle with not using the wonderful lighting for a few hours today. While I’m here, I feel the need to use all the light I have – even if it is light outside 12 hours a day.

Here is a half finished painting (#4). If the sun is out one of these mornings, I will be able to finish it on location. 11x14 (7am-10am)






After a good meal and a rest, I painted some of the camp’s canoes. 11x14 (1pm-5pm.)










So, as it stands, I have 3 complete paintings and 2 incomplete. I have 2 days left to paint.
Thanks for looking – leave me some feedback, it’s a little lonely out here.
Good night
~Bec

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

It's me again, Albert from Austria. :) As you requested I leave some feedback here. The painting with the canoes looks great. Nice greens. I paint a bit too and have often trouble with greens. They never look right. The other painting looks good too although it's not finished yet. I like your painting style a lot. It's very efficient.

Greetings,
Albert

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec,

Your paintings look beautiful!! See you soon!

Love
Ashley

In my Weakness He is strong said...

looking amazing as always

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec, you are doing an excellent job out there. I am praying for you!